Silverdraw is realtime white board that can sync information between various participants, using Silverlight + WCF Polling Duplex.
Presently this is a working POC implementation
Users can draw together in the white board, and may chat each other. Here is a quick screen shot of the client running in two different browsers. These are the steps to start
How to start
1 - Read this intro post in my bloghttp://amazedsaint.blogspot.com/2009/11/silverlight-wcf-duplex-services.html
2- Take a live demo here - It may or may not work, the server is a bit leakyhttp://silverdraw.com
3 - Read this codeproject article to help you understand the sourcehttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/silverlight/silverdraw.aspx
4 - Click downloads to grab the source
Join and contribute. Future Ideas
- Registration and user authentication upon login (probably using asp.net membership providers)
- Dynamic loading of shapes using MEF
- Evolve the application to a full fledged prototyping tool - similar functionalities as in balsamiq.com/
- Multiple drawing rooms + users can join rooms upon invitation
- Persist the messages drawing back and forth - so that we can replay the activity as in google wave, and pump the drawing data so far to a user up on connect.